Pumpkin Spice Bars Recipe
Most of the year, my family runs a pretty garden-variety vegetables stand. Come October, however, it becomes a popular Halloween haunt, where I showcase our pick-of-the-patch pumpkins. This recipe calls for canned pumpkin, but I like to use my home-grown produce instead.—Sheila Compton, Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves; add to pumpkin mixture just until combined. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC