Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Soup
Sort By :
"This is a keeper!"
"Super easy and very tasty! I was expecting it to be more sweet, so I added two more teaspoons of brown sugar."
"Tried this soup and it was a little bland, so I added a little more brown sugar (2 Tbls) and garnished with a sprinkle of raisins and Pumpkin Flax granola...added just the right amount of sweetness to this soup..also added about 5 ground baby carrots when I sauted the onion..also used pumpkin spice instead of just nutmeg..was yummy!"
"Just made it ahead of time for Thanksgiving & it came out so DELICIOUS! I needed to double the recipe but also added extra spices: approx a 1/2t. of cinnamon, extra nutmeg, dash of cayenne pepper & cloves. All to taste really. I thought it was alittle bland after addiing the cream & I thinkened it with flour & water paste since it was also not as thick as I like. I added another can of pumpkin to give it more pumpkin flavor. And viola! I made a butternut squash soup last year which was great but this came out even better!"
"I really liked this soup. I used 1 tbsp honey instead of the brown sugar and added cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice as well. The taste was so unique that I can't describe it, but it was delicious. The pumpkin is not very strong. What comes through the most is a creamy consistency. I will definitely be making this again."