Pumpkin Soup Recipe
While it looks elegant and is an appealing addition to a holiday meal, this creamy soup is so simple to make. My husband was skeptical at first, but after one bowl, he asked for second helpings! —Elizabeth Montgomery, Allston, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 212 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC