Pumpkin Snack Mix
This yummy mix is so munchable, a bowl of it never lasts long. Feel free to use candy corn instead of the candy pumpkins—or a mix of both—if desired. —Shirley Engstrom, Genoa, Nebraska
28 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups Corn or Rice Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (16 ounces) candy pumpkins
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereal and
- peanuts. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup
- and butter; bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and
- baking soda until mixture is light and foamy.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered,
- at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in candy
- pumpkins. Cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 216 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.