Pumpkin Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- American and mozzarella cheese slices
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pumpkin, tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut American cheese slices with a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Cut mozzarella cheese into shapes (triangles, half-circles, etc.) to make pumpkin faces. Spoon meat mixture onto buns and top each with a pumpkin. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Sloppy Joes(3)
Sort By :
I've been serving this for years, but had lost the recipe. My family love it, it's economical and easy to make. The salt can be reduced or eliminated, if sodium is an issue.
I've been making this recipe for well over 15 years and my family loves it!
Pumpkin adds an interesting textre. Next time, I may try ground turkey instead of the beef.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >