Pumpkin Sloppy Joes for 2 Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash each ground cloves and nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the ketchup, tomato juice, chili powder, cloves, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pumpkin. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.