Pumpkin Sloppy Joes for 2 Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash each ground cloves and nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the ketchup, tomato juice, chili powder, cloves, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pumpkin. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Sloppy Joes for 2
Sort By :
"This was a good change-up from regular sloppy joes. The cloves and nutmeg add a nice flavor. I added some chopped garlic, too."
"Serve this as a chili instead of on a bun and save 100-150 calories per serving."
"Awesome. Enough said!"
"I didn't have rolls so I called it chili and it's still really, really good."
"Loved this recipe! The pumpkin gives a nice flavor and texture!"