Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
The pastor at our church usually cuts his message short on carry-in dinner days when he knows this sheet cake is waiting in the fellowship hall. (I think he prays for leftovers since he gets to take them home!) This moist cake travels well and is also easy to prepare. -Nancy Baker, Boonville, Missouri
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 269 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Sheet Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC