Pumpkin-Shaped Ice Cream Balls
These adorable ice cream pumpkins have a harvest look but folks will be pleasantly surprised to find a mix of vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet inside. These treats taste like the classic summer ice cream bar.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet blend, slightly softened
- 10 to 12 ounces orange candy coating disks
- 6 pretzel sticks, halved
- Scoop ice cream blend into twelve 2-in. balls, about 1/4 cup each.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating.
- Remove one ice cream ball at a time; coat with melted coating. Insert
- a pretzel into the top for a stem. Place in a freezer container;
- cover and freeze. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls. Yield: 1
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.