Pumpkin-Shaped Ice Cream Balls Recipe
These adorable ice cream pumpkins have a harvest look but folks will be pleasantly surprised to find a mix of vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet inside. These treats taste like the classic summer ice cream bar.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet blend, slightly softened
- 10 to 12 ounces orange candy coating disks
- 6 pretzel sticks, halved
- 1. Scoop ice cream blend into twelve 2-in. balls, about 1/4 cup each. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating.
- 3. Remove one ice cream ball at a time; coat with melted coating. Insert a pretzel into the top for a stem. Place in a freezer container; cover and freeze. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC