Pumpkin-Shaped Ice Cream Balls Recipe
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet blend, slightly softened
- 10 to 12 ounces orange candy coating disks
- 6 pretzel sticks, halved
- Scoop ice cream blend into twelve 2-in. balls, about 1/4 cup each. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating.
- Remove one ice cream ball at a time; coat with melted coating. Insert a pretzel into the top for a stem. Place in a freezer container; cover and freeze. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Shaped Ice Cream Balls
Sort By :
"This recipe was a dismal failure and a waste of money for the ingredients. I, too, had difficulty with this recipe. The melted candy coating would not smoothly cover the ice cream. It would adhere in some areas and in other areas it was thick and lumpy. I was very disappointed that I did not have a dessert for the party that I was attending."
"I had a really hard time getting them to look nice. I'm not really sure how to get the coating on. If you roll the ice cream in the melted coating it becomes paste like and slides right off but if you just drop the coating on it looks lumpy. I'm going to keep trying, though."