- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 celery rib or broccoli stalk
- Sliced apples and assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, paprika and cayenne. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- With a knife, add vertical lines to the cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin; insert a celery rib or broccoli stalk for the stem. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball
"My daughter had a New Year party to attend and needed to take a dish to share. This recipe was easy to make. We chose to modify the recipe using things on hand by making our own spreadable chive & onion spread. We used another 8 oz. block of cream cheese added 1/4 grated red onion, 3 T finely chopped red onion and 3-4 T freeze dried chives mixed together with a hand mixer. We reduced the red pepper to 1/4 tsp. and added 1/2 c. flaked crab. The result was a perfect!"
"Great flavor. After initial taste, I thought cheese ball would be spicy but the flavors settled after refrigeration. Will do again next year."
"One of the best cheese balls that I have had. Nice nip with the cayenne, but not too much. Always asked for the recipe when I take it places. Like others don't do pumpkin shape and I rolls in crushed pecans"
"Great recipe. Made it for my husband's Halloween Birthday dinner. I added orangepaste food coloring to make it more orange in color.Will definitely make it again and again."
"Loved the zippy recipe and the cute pumpkin shape. I added a teaspoon of turmeric to give it a brighter orange color."