Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball Recipe
Everyone will get a kick out of this creamy, savory spread. The zippy cheddar ball can be made a day ahead. —Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 celery rib or broccoli stalk
- Sliced apples and assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, paprika and cayenne. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. With a knife, add vertical lines to the cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin; insert a celery rib or broccoli stalk for the stem. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC