Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix
Our home economists combine a bounty of fall goodies to create this hearty, colorful snack mix.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 2/3 cup each raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, saute seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until
- crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, cashews, Reese's pieces,
- raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries. Add pumpkin seeds;
- toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.