Our home economists combine a bounty of fall goodies to create this hearty, colorful snack mix.
- 1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 2/3 cup each raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, saute seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, cashews, Reese's pieces, raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries. Add pumpkin seeds; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix in Taste of Home's Halloween Annual 2006, p24
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review