Pumpkin Seed Toffee Recipe
My kids are allergic to nuts, but they can eat pumpkin seeds! Every fall we save the seeds from our pumpkins to add to various recipes including this one. —Suzanne Earl, Spring, Texas
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, pie spice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in pumpkin seeds. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 2 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 380 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Toffee
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC