- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, pie spice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in pumpkin seeds. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 2 pounds.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Toffee in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p71
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Toffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review