Here's a fresh new use for pumpkin seeds kernels. This sweet, light and tasty salad is studded with cranberries for attactive color. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, toast seeds over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add sugar and seasonings. Continue to cook and stir until sugar melts, about 4 minutes. Spread mixture on waxed paper to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Spinach Salad in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2008, p12
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review