- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in pumpkin seeds and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p32
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"Loved by everyone"