Pumpkin Seed Cheese Ball Recipe
Save some of your home-roasted pumpkin seeds to coat this creamy onion spread from our home economists.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, on a plate, combine pumpkin seeds and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- 2. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball; gently roll in pumpkin seed mixture (lightly press seeds into cream cheese mixture if necessary). Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 1 cheese ball (1-3/4 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC