For a new coating on baked chicken, I use pumpkin seeds and cheese crackers to make it crunchy on the outside and super tender on the inside. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cheese crackers (about 1 cup whole)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, divided
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first five ingredients and 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin seeds in a shallow bowl. Finely chop remaining pumpkin seeds; stir into cracker mixture. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg, honey and lemon juice. Dip both sides of chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to adhere.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet until a thermometer reads 165°, 30-35 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Baked Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pumpkin Seed Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review