- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, optional
- Place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and chop. In a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and cranberries; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin and milk; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with berry butter. Yield: 8 scones (about 1/2 cup butter).
Reviews for Pumpkin Scones with Berry Butter
Sort By :
"Great taste, but texture is more like a cake."
"Wow! These are amazing - very moist! The berry butter was delicious with them - even my hubby who does not like cranberries loved it! Thanks for sharing!"
"My favorite scone recipe by far, plus the added bonus with the berry butter compliments them perfectly."
"I just made these and have finished my first one. Now I have many many recipes and have tried many that were ok, but nothing special, and I wouldn't make them again. But these scones are amazing and I'll be keepinllg this recipe around for sure! I'm taking them to my churches womens meeting and I'm sure they'll be a hit!"