- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie
- spice, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin and milk; add
- to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in.
- circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges and place on a
- greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
- with berry butter. Yield: 8 scones (about 1/2 cup butter).
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone with about 1 tablespoon butter (calculated without pecans) equals 392 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.