Pumpkin Salad Recipe
Jazz up a classic fall veggie by serving it salad-style. Pecans lend crunch while gingerroot, cumin and cilantro bring a pleasing medley of flavors. —June Gaden, Adelaide, Australia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1-3/4 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1. Place pumpkin cubes on a baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sunflower kernels, pecans, cilantro, onion and pumpkin. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cumin and ginger. Pour over pumpkin mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt) equals 212 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC