- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
"Mine has been in a half an hour and its still juicy and not done"
"I had leftover rice and thought of trying rice pudding. It was great !! I added pecans and everyone loved it!"
"While I enjoyed this very much, it needed more rice to taste like a true rice pudding. Next time I make this, I will increase the rice to at least 4 cups. I also added raisins, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds to the mix."
"I made this and thought I followed the recipe exact. For some reason, it took over an hour to get done. The texture and flavor just were not that great."
"Delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream, or a light sprinkling of cinnamon- sugar."
"Delicious!! And easy to make!! Good with ice cream or just by itself!!"