"This pudding is the queen of comfort foods!" relates field editor Dee Falk of Stromsburg, Nebraska. "It's creamy, spicy and smells incredible while baking. It's a great way to use up leftover rice, too."
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir a small amount of eggs; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in rice and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Rice Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p5
Reviews for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review