- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir a small amount of eggs; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in rice and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Sort By :
Mine has been in a half an hour and its still juicy and not done
I had leftover rice and thought of trying rice pudding. It was great !! I added pecans and everyone loved it!
While I enjoyed this very much, it needed more rice to taste like a true rice pudding. Next time I make this, I will increase the rice to at least 4 cups. I also added raisins, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds to the mix.
I made this and thought I followed the recipe exact. For some reason, it took over an hour to get done. The texture and flavor just were not that great.
Delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream, or a light sprinkling of cinnamon- sugar.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Rice Pudding Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Pudding Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Pudding >
- Pumpkin Puddings >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Rice Pudding >
- Rice Pudding with Cooked Rice >