Pumpkin Raisin Cake Recipe
This nutty, golden cake is one of my mom's best. It's a wonderfully different use for pumpkin. With a holiday taste and beautiful look, it's bound to become a favorite with your family, too. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir in cereal just until moistened. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 388 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC