I love pumpkin, and this recipegiven to me by my mothertakes only minutes to make! I consider it a harvest pudding...perfect for the fall and the holidays.
9-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, molasses and spices. Gradually add milk.
- Add pudding mix; beat slowly with an electric mixer until thick,
- about 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a serving bowl or individual serving dishes. Chill for 1
- hour. If desired, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream
- and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.