Pumpkin Pudding Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 vanilla wafers
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 2. Spoon into two dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Just before serving, garnish with vanilla wafers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pudding Dessert
"Nice way to use up that half can of pumpkin. I did not have soy milk, so used skim. Maybe just a little to much spice for me and I generally like these types of spices."
"Ugh. This was not a chiffon, more like a thick pudding. With overly-chemical sweetness which is due to using a 4-serving pudding mix for only 2 servings I would guess. I would rather make my own pudding from scratch. I will not make this again."
"This recipe was very good. My son loved it. I did make it again to use the rest of the pumpkin in the can. I didn't use the vanilla wafers. We put a dab of non-dairy topping on instead."
"The high sodium is from the instant pudding mix. 1 (1/2 cup serving) has 300 mg sodium. Since this recipe is only 2 servings, it is actually 2 servings of pudding, plus whatever sodium is in the pumpkin, soy milk & vanilla wafers.Either the # of servings is wrong, or this is not really a healthy desert."
"I have not made it because it seems high in sodium. Why?"
"I'm on a diet, but I feel I can have a dish of this and not feel guilty...and it is soooo good!!"
"I agree with 77hummer. When I think chiffon, I think even lighter/ airier -- like whipped cream or whipped egg whites folded into the pumpkin."
"Sounds like you end up with Pumpkin pudding. Jello makes a pumpkin pudding. It's great."