Pumpkin Praline Creme Brulee Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and syrup. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla and ginger.
- 2. Transfer to four 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Combine sugars. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Sprinkle with Pecans. Serve immediately.
- 4. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 418 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 389mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Praline Creme Brulee
"The brulee part was tasty, but what is not to like about browned sugar? The inside is nowhere near sweet or pumpkiny enough. I did not care for this."