Pumpkin Praline Creme Brulee Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and syrup. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla and ginger.
- 2. Transfer to four 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Combine sugars. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Sprinkle with Pecans. Serve immediately.
- 4. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 418 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 389mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Pumpkin Praline Creme Brulee
"The brulee part was tasty, but what is not to like about browned sugar? The inside is nowhere near sweet or pumpkiny enough. I did not care for this."