Pumpkin Pies for a Gang Recipe
When I think of cooking for a crowd this time of year, pumpkin pie always comes to mind. Guests love this traditional treat, and the recipe is perfect for a large gathering…it fills nine pie shells! —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:48-64 servings
- 4 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 16 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cans (29 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 9 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1. Unroll pastry; line eight 9-in. pie plates with one sheet of pastry. Flute edges; set aside. In very large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and corn syrup. In another large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; place half in each of two large bowls. Stir half of the pumpkin mixture into each bowl. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- 2. Pour into pie shells. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC