- 4 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 16 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cans (29 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 9 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups 2% milk
- Unroll pastry; line eight 9-in. pie plates with one sheet of pastry. Flute edges; set aside. In very large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and corn syrup. In another large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; place half in each of two large bowls. Stir half of the pumpkin mixture into each bowl. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Pour into pie shells. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 pies (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pies for a Gang
Sort By :
"My husband is in the Army and we hang out with a lot of the single soldiers and this recipie is loved by them all! It has become tradition that for all the dinner parties we have we make these and never seem to have enough even though it can make 9 pies!!"