Pumpkin Pie Squares Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Bake 45 minutes.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes longer. Cool, then refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Squares
"Delicious and great for serving a group! I'll definitely make this again."
"if you love pumpkin pie then you'll love this. I made it as written. It makes a lot though so be prepared to serve either to a big crowd or be ready for leftovers, which are always good right?"
"Great recipe. I made this the first time for our church fellowship dinner. It was totally gone by the end of the dinner. I didn't make the topping but served with whipped cream."
"I have been making this for quite some time. I double the crust and bake in 11x15 pan, and bake for about 20 min. I use the filling recipe, and it really fills the pan, but I like a thinner pie square with more crust. I then bake it for 45 min., and don't use the topping. This is really delicious. I also put 1/2 cup of pecans in the crust."
"This recipe is soooo good, be prepaired with many copies of this recipe, as every one who tries it will want a copy. Thanks for sharing."
"Its sumptuous... every time I make this recipe, its an instant hit!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it!!!!"
"Took to a halloween party and was soon gone. everyone loved this recipe."
"This is delicious. I've made this several times. For company I double the crust Ingredients, and use an 11x15 pan. The filling is plenty for this size pan."
"It is always a toss-up on Thanksgiving to decide whether to make this recipe or regular pumpkin pie....this one usually wins! It is easy to make, tastes great, and feeds a crowd. It could be made without the topping, but that makes it extra yummy so it is definitely worth the extra effort!"
"I brought these into work for an October birthday and everyone LOVED them. They are not as dense as pumpkin pie and taste great! I might make them for Thanksgiving instead of the pie!"
"my husband loves this, I do omit the topping an we still love it"
"It is so easy, I cannot make a good pie crust and tried this many years ago, ITS THE BEST, all my friends love it too. So much better than pie."
"I cut the recipe in half, used a smaller pan (7x10) everyone in my bunco group LOVED it!!"
"An additional note--I always use pureed carrots instead of pumpkin."
"I have to admit, I have never made this recipe as written. The recipe I have is 1/2 this filling amount. I have made it many, many times. I don't usually put the topping on but just bake the filling 40 min. and top with whipped cream"
"I've made this several times and it's always a huge hit (almost always...just remember if you are in a hurry, don't forget to add the sugar)"
"I made this for a group of boy scouts and their leaders,about 65 people in all. It was a huge hit! I leave out the ground cloves as we are not crazy about the cloves, but I made enough for 80 people and their was absolutely none left! Will definitely make again! Thanks!!"
"This is the most AWESOME recipe...but warning, it makes a TON!!!! SOOO either send leftovers away...or be prepared to gain weight! :)"