Pumpkin Pie Squares Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Bake 45 minutes.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes longer. Cool, then refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 248 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Squares
"Delicious and great for serving a group! I'll definitely make this again."
"if you love pumpkin pie then you'll love this. I made it as written. It makes a lot though so be prepared to serve either to a big crowd or be ready for leftovers, which are always good right?"
"I have been making this for quite some time. I double the crust and bake in 11x15 pan, and bake for about 20 min. I use the filling recipe, and it really fills the pan, but I like a thinner pie square with more crust. I then bake it for 45 min., and don't use the topping. This is really delicious. I also put 1/2 cup of pecans in the crust."
"This recipe is soooo good, be prepaired with many copies of this recipe, as every one who tries it will want a copy. Thanks for sharing."
"Its sumptuous... every time I make this recipe, its an instant hit!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it!!!!"
"Took to a halloween party and was soon gone. everyone loved this recipe."
"This is delicious. I've made this several times. For company I double the crust Ingredients, and use an 11x15 pan. The filling is plenty for this size pan."
"my husband loves this, I do omit the topping an we still love it"
"I cut the recipe in half, used a smaller pan (7x10) everyone in my bunco group LOVED it!!"
"An additional note--I always use pureed carrots instead of pumpkin."
"I have to admit, I have never made this recipe as written. The recipe I have is 1/2 this filling amount. I have made it many, many times. I don't usually put the topping on but just bake the filling 40 min. and top with whipped cream"
"I've made this several times and it's always a huge hit (almost always...just remember if you are in a hurry, don't forget to add the sugar)"
"I made this for a group of boy scouts and their leaders,about 65 people in all. It was a huge hit! I leave out the ground cloves as we are not crazy about the cloves, but I made enough for 80 people and their was absolutely none left! Will definitely make again! Thanks!!"
"This is the most AWESOME recipe...but warning, it makes a TON!!!! SOOO either send leftovers away...or be prepared to gain weight! :)"