Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 pounds pecan halves (about 5 cups)
- 1. Combine the sugar, pie spice, salt and ginger; set aside. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, honey and oil to a boil. Add pecans; cook and stir until all of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Immediately sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 202 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans
"Delicious and healthy! My favorite nut recipe."
"I use stevia instead of sugar/honey, and mix almonds with the pecans. So yummy, I have made it twice!"
"These are mildly spiced/sweetened. My husband really likes them."
"My kids loved these nuts"
"Pecans can be very expensive. You could substitute walnuts or almonds."
"thank you Tari for a delicious recipe. My first batch was devoured at our monthly senior dance. I'm getting ready to make more for holiday gifts."