Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans Recipe
I usually make at least two batches of these nuts at a time and package in containers to give as gifts. —Tari Ambler, Shorewood, Illinois
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 pounds pecan halves (about 5 cups)
- 1. Combine the sugar, pie spice, salt and ginger; set aside. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, honey and oil to a boil. Add pecans; cook and stir until all of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Immediately sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup equals 202 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC