Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 pounds pecan halves (about 5 cups)
- 1. Combine the sugar, pie spice, salt and ginger; set aside. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, honey and oil to a boil. Add pecans; cook and stir until all of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Immediately sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 202 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans
"Delicious and healthy! My favorite nut recipe."
"I use stevia instead of sugar/honey, and mix almonds with the pecans. So yummy, I have made it twice!"
"These are mildly spiced/sweetened. My husband really likes them."
"My kids loved these nuts"
"Pecans can be very expensive. You could substitute walnuts or almonds."
"thank you Tari for a delicious recipe. My first batch was devoured at our monthly senior dance. I'm getting ready to make more for holiday gifts."