- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, corn syrup and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips and, if desired, pecans.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and enough orange juice to reach a spreading consistency. Spread over top; cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Spiced Blondies
"I had to say these pumpkin spice blondies are great, they baked up perfectly in 25 minutes, very soft and moist not to mention the buttery crust edges which I like. I did not add in any nuts but added the baking chips. My only thing is next time I will add three teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, but that is my preference. Overall great recipe a keeper! The house smelled wonderful like the fall season."