- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-7 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Pudding
"Wonderful recipe! Made it for Sunday breakfast when one of our daughters & her fianc? were visiting us. They loved it & suggested we have it for Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie! Planning to do so. Served it with real whipped cream & sausage links & orange juice. Also, I didn't have pumpkin pie spice (don't like it) so substituted 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ginger, & 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Worked great! Thanks for sharing this terrific recipe! It will be used often in our house!"
"My husband called it the best desert ever. One daughter said she needed a smaller portion because it was good but rich... and it was super simple to make. I call it a winner.!!! Do keep an eye on it as it only took about 4 hours in my crock pot."
"SD20, you could try to spice this up by adding cinnamon, and nutmeg.. solid pumpkin is bland.. I have had that prob with pie recipes.. I thought this would be spicy since using the pie spice.. but it needs some extra spice according to individual taste.."
"I realize that most people here loved this recipe but honestly 3 out of 4 family members that tried it did not care for it. We felt it was bland and I even wished it was a little sweeter. It did help putting the cinnamon chips on like another viewer recommended. My husband is the only one that liked it and he doesn't like a lot of spice so that maybe why. It was very easy to put together and loved using the crockpot.. Won't be making again though."
"Wonderful....so easy and very little cleanup"