- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, optional
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In a heatproof bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1/2 cup water and pie filling. Sprinkle gelatin over top to soften.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat; slowly drizzle into gelatin, beating on high speed. Continue beating until very stiff and doubled in volume, about 10 minutes. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and let cool at room temperature 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and, if desired, pumpkin pie spice. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Using a lightly buttered knife or kitchen scissors, cut into 1-in. pieces. Roll in confectioners' sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- To Make Ahead: Store marshmallows, layered between waxed paper, in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Freeze option: Freeze marshmallows in freezer containers up to 1 month. Yield: about 9-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p151
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review