This is an easy alternative to pumpkin pie. It's particularly quick when you need a special dessert. It doesn't require baking, which frees up the oven for the rest of your meal.—Tina Lust, Nevada, Ohio
- 2-1/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping and chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pumpkin and spices. Spread over the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Dessert in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p7
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2015
"Very easy very good"
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"I love this..very good & easy"