This is an easy alternative to pumpkin pie. It's particularly quick when you need a special dessert. It doesn't require baking, which frees up the oven for the rest of your meal.—Tina Lust, Nevada, Ohio
- 2-1/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping and chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pumpkin and spices. Spread over the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Dessert in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p7
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"I love this..very good & easy"