“Instead of pumpkin pie, try this flavorful light holiday dessert,” says field editor Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. “My husband’s aunt shared the recipe after she brought this treat to a family party.”
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg whites and fat-free milk until smooth. Add the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well.
- Spoon into ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Custard in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p20
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Custard
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review