- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg whites and fat-free milk until smooth. Add the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well.
- Spoon into ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Custard
"I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments."
"i did not like it"
"This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful."
"I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!"
"Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!"