- 1-3/4 cups mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON-CLOVE BUTTERCREAM:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Fill foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and cloves; beat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These are fantastic! The only thing I would do is double the frosting recipe..I like more than a thin layer of frosting! Can't wait to share them."
"These cupcakes were delicious! They were so moist and flavorful. I have a pumpkin obsession around this time of year and would definitely make these again. The only issue that I had was that the cupcake stuck to the liner when trying to eat them-minor issue."
"Very delicious! I had minor problems with the frosting, too. I added a bit more milk and super whipped it. Everyone loved them, and I will have to try the layer cake that another reviewer made."
"Amazing! I made a two-layer cake and doubled the frosting. I sprinkled the top of the cake with chopped pecans."
"I also had to add some milk to the frosting. The baking time was also off by 10 minutes. I had to bake them about 30 minutes. Other than that, they are very moist and delicious."