Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe
My family always asks for these cupcakes once fall starts. We just love the flavors of cinnamon and cloves—the shining stars in this dessert. —Melissa Story, Trego, Wisconsin
- 1-3/4 cups mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON-CLOVE BUTTERCREAM:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and cloves; beat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC