- egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into
- pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Fill foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the
- confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and cloves; beat until smooth. Spread
- over cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.