Pumpkin Pie Cannoli Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the egg yolk, wine and canola oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth. Divide dough into 12 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle (dough will be very thin). Curl around a metal cannoli tube to shape. Moisten edges with egg white; press to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry cannoli shells, a few at a time, until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta, pumpkin, pudding mix, milk and pie spice. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon or pipe filling into shells. Dip each side in hazelnuts. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Cannoli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p122
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Cannoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review