Pumpkin Pie Cannoli Recipe
I love to play around with different fillings in homemade cannolis. I've used pumpkin pie pudding (when it's in season at the store) in this recipe, but you can also make it with canned pumpkin and vanilla pudding. —Barbara Carlucci, Orange Park, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the egg yolk, wine and canola oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth. Divide dough into 12 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle (dough will be very thin). Curl around a metal cannoli tube to shape. Moisten edges with egg white; press to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry cannoli shells, a few at a time, until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta, pumpkin, pudding mix, milk and pie spice. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon or pipe filling into shells. Dip each side in hazelnuts. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Cannoli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p122
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Cannoli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >