Pumpkin Pie Cake
No one will guess this showstopper dessert with luscious cinnamon frosting starts with a mix! It's a year-round favorite with Linda Murray in Allenstown, New Hampshire.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1-1/4 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin, 1
- teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; beat on low speed for 30
- seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two well-greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake
- at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and remaining cinnamon; spread between layers and
- over top and sides of cake. Press walnuts lightly into frosting on
- sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.