- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1-1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two well-greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and remaining cinnamon; spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Press walnuts lightly into frosting on sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Cake
Sort By :
To those who want to make a cake from scratch, that's wonderful! Plenty of recipes out there for that. But, if you're pressed for time, this recipe sounds marvelous!! Can't wait to try it as I just found out I have a last-minute food item to bring to a get-together and this fits the bill perfectly. Thanks for a great idea!
The question isn't 'Will I make it again' the question is how long did it take me to come back to the website to print it out again. My family LOVED this cake. It's now making it's way to my charished recipe box. Thanks for sharing such a great tasting cake.
I was hoping to make this from scratch. :( Dissapointed it includes a boxed cake mix
Will Bridget like?