Pumpkin Pie Bread
Every autumn, our farm becomes a large-scale operation when we harvest our pumpkins. Then we reap our rewards in recipes like this.Dorothy and Martin Schumacher, Barnesville, Ohio
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs
- and water until well mixed. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually
- add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 75-80 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes
- before removing from pans to a wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.