Every autumn, our farm becomes a large-scale operation when we harvest our pumpkins. Then we reap our rewards in recipes like this.—Dorothy and Martin Schumacher, Barnesville, Ohio
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until well mixed. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman September/October 1996, p47
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review