- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until well mixed. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Bread
Sort By :
I have made this several times and my family loves it. I won't even try different recipes.
Easy and delicious. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of batter before baking for a nutty touch.
My family LOVES this treat. Am always proud to give as gifts!!
I was looking for a recipe to use up the 1/2 can of pumpkin I had leftover from another recipe. I halved the ingredients in this one to make one loaf and it was delicious! Very moist without being heavy. I will definitely make this again.