- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle butter over top; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Cut into bars. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Bars
Sort By :
"This was a big hit at Thanksgiving. The recipe is a keeper."
"This is sooo good! My go to recipe instead of pumpkin pie. I am asked to bring this to potlucks at church. My family loves it. Don't over cook as it will get too hard and will be difficult to cut."
"I'd made this recipe for the first time first using a 40 lb. can of sweet potatoes, well drained! I added 1/2 tsp. salt, & also used 1/2 tsp. ground cloves in addition to the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg! I DID only use 2-1/2 cups of cake mix which I had divided and I saved the balance of the cake mix for another use! I greased AND floured pan! I purposely didn't want to add TOO much of the cake mix for the topping! I did use the 1 cup of butter and the 1 cup of chopped pecans! I cooled the pan for over an hour on the rack and then placed the pan in the refrigerator overnight! The balance of the butter recipe cake mix I used to make another recipe for pumpkin pie bars, but I prepared a pumpkin pie filling used from a recipe I found on the label for Libby's Pumpkin. (However, I know I cannot share the recipe for that filling with TOH as that would not be right!) I DID use two 8x8x2" greased and floured baking pans, divided the pumpkin pie filling between the 2 pans and sprinkled the filling with this leftover cake mix and I melted 1/2 cup of butter and used 1 cup pecans which I divvied for each 8" pan of pumpkin pie bars! I baked the sweet potato bars and the pumpkin pie bars 50 minutes at 350o F. and I used a sharp knife to test the filling and made sure the knife came out clean! I think that the bars came out well! Of course, they'll have to firm up in the refrigerator overnight! I plan to take them all to the Nutrition Dept. where I volunteer at the local hospital each Monday/Thursday! Thank you, Sue Draheim, for sharing this recipe! I admit that when I ordinarily make pumpkin pie, I do stick with a recipe for my family & I'd use the QC recipe for other occasions! I did not taste it & I didn't want to cut the bars! I'd say that the bars, if cut in squares would equal about 2 dozen, depending on how large the bars are cut! delowenstein"
"Made this for a holiday potluck. Followed the recipe and was not able to cut them into bars. Pumpkin was too soft and about 2 1/2 inches thick so it just fell apart. Maybe needed high altitude (NM) directions? How embarrassing! Opted to not participate!"
"I am about to make this receipe for the 3rd time this fall and it's not even Chirstmas yet! Everyone who tries it, loves it. This is my "new" pumpkin pie recipe. I make it just as the recipe calls. Sooo Good."