- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle butter over top; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Cut into bars. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Bars(7)
Sort By :
Made this for a holiday potluck. Followed the recipe and was not able to cut them into bars. Pumpkin was too soft and about 2 1/2 inches thick so it just fell apart. Maybe needed high altitude (NM) directions? How embarrassing! Opted to not participate!
I am about to make this receipe for the 3rd time this fall and it's not even Chirstmas yet! Everyone who tries it, loves it. This is my "new" pumpkin pie recipe. I make it just as the recipe calls. Sooo Good.
This was just ok. The blend of dry cake batter, melted butter and pumpkin didn't seem to strike the right balance.
Made this for a potluck and everyone raved about it. Wonderful!
A co-worker gave me this recipe a few years ago and it is wonderful . . . delicious and decadent. Easy too! I do reduce the sugar and butter by half to cut the calories and make it a little less sweet.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bar Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bars >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Pie >